Valentine’s day in St. Augustine is charming and full of possibilities. People of all ages and walks of life enjoy giving each other gifts and going the extra mile to prove their love. If you ask visitors and locals alike, St. Augustine is the place to celebrate this special occasion. You can roam around the historic district or just have a nice romantic dinner – there’s something for everyone!
Want to start with a local favorite? Take a visit to a Love Tree!
How about a scavenger hunt through St. Augustine to find all the love trees locations?
‘What is a love tree?’ you might ask. It’s when two trees are entwined with each other, and not being able to be separated them or they will die. People say that if you kiss the love of your life underneath the tree, your love will be everlasting. So, come have a nice quiet walk with your soulmate and have a kiss under one of the trees.
The trees are located at:
6 Cordova Street St Augustine, FL, near The Love Tree Cafe. As you enjoy your walk, you can come in to the Love Tree Cafe and have a romantic breakfast or lunch. Hours of operations are:
Sunday: 9 AM – 3 PM, Monday thru Friday: 8 AM – 3 PM, Saturday: 9 AM – 3 PM
The Love Tree Cottage Gift Shop venue has gifts, engagement packages, and ceremony packages. These packages include:
Engagement Package 2 / $50
- Includes admission to the property for up to 1 hour.
- Use of building and facilities.
- Engagement certificate.
- Legend of the Love Tree souvenir photo.
- 20% of items in the gift shop.
Ceremony Package / $150
- Includes wedding venue for up to 30 people with use of Love Tree Cottage Garden.
- The building and facilities are available for use.
- A wedding ceremony certificate.
- Love Tree souvenir photo.
- Refreshments are made available to wedding guests (including canned soft drinks, sweet and unsweetened tea, and bottled water).
- Guests receive 20% off gift shop purchases.
Make this Valentine’s Day one to remember with a photo and souvenir to remember the day.
The hours are Sun: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Mon – Sat: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Another Love Tree sighting is located at Mission Nombre de Dios Museum, located at 89 A1A Scenic and Historic Coastal Byway, St. Augustine. Experience the beauty of this old chapel and mark another Love Tree sighting off your list.
Hours for the museum are Monday- Saturday 9:00 am- 5:00 pm and Sunday 12:00 pm- 4:00 pm.
To make the day extra special, consider finding all the Love Trees while enjoying a romantic carriage ride through the city. Southern Carriage and Buggy Tour can help you with that. It is located at on the Bayfront Avenida Menendez, St. Augustine, FL, 32084. The hours of operation are Monday- Sunday 9:00 am- 11:30 pm.
Not Interested in love tree sightings? How about a quiet picnic?
- Anastasia State Park is located at 300 Anastasia Park Rd. St. Augustine FL. This is the perfect venue for a beach picnic! Hours of operation are 8 am until sundown. Admission fee $8.00 per vehicle. Enjoy the beautiful view of unspoiled beaches and the nice breeze.
- Spyglass Public Beach Access is located at 8202 A1A S, in St. Augustine and has breathtaking views. Florida has many beautiful beaches, but Spyglass Public Beach is extraordinary in it’s own right. It’s no wonder it’s one of the highest rated beach access points in the area! This is the perfect spot to take your special person to marvel at Florida’s natural life and enjoy a packed lunch.
- Fort Matanzas Overlook Trail is a lovely trail where you can take a nice leisurely stroll near Fort Matanza and the river, before stopping off at a picnic table or a nice scenic spot to put down your blanket and picnic among nature.
Want to do a more grown up activity?
How about a free tour of the St. Augustine Distillery located at 112 Riberia Street, St. Augustine, FL. Tour hours are Monday- Sunday 10:30 am- 5 pm.
Experience tasty whiskey, rum, gin & vodka tastings and see how it is made on this 21 and older tour.
Another place you can visit and take a tour is the San Sebastian Winery located at 157 King Street St. Augustine, FL. This tour will show you how their award winning wine is made and also give you complimentary tasting. Tour hours are: Monday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday, 11 am – 6 pm.
Want to know where to get Valentine’s gift?
Want to gift your special person chocolates or any other kind of sweets? Peterbrooke Chocolatier has you covered. With their chocolate gift boxes, hand-dipped fruits or pretzels, and more, there’s no better place for getting classic Valentine’s Day chocolates!
located at 333 Village Main St #650, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. Their hours of operation are Monday- Saturday 9:00 am- 8:00 pm and Saturday 12:00pm- 6:00pm
Creme de la Cocoa
Feeling a bit adventurous? Creme de la Cocoa has your covered, with a variety of flavors and styles of goodies. They also offer classes, so you can hand make your own treats with your love! For a list of their classes, look here.
They are located at 299 San Marco Ave, St. Augustine, FL. Their hours of operation are Tuesday- Saturday 10:00 am- 6:00 pm.
Want to have a nice meal date?
Cafe Alcazar is a refined, white-tablecloth lunch option in the Lightner Museum, offering upscale New American fare. This is a lovely option to kick off the romance earlier in the day. Their highly rated dishes won’t disappoint!
Located at 25 Granada Street St. Augustine, FL.
Aviles Restaurant and Lounge
Are you and your partner early risers? You don’t have to wait for the night to have a romantic meal! You can come to Aviles and have a lovely breakfast date. It’s sure to impress, as the lounge staff and it’s chefs are award winning professionals!
Located at 32 Avenida Menendez, Saint Augustine, FL.
Hours of operation –
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 11:00 am, Saturday 7:00 am-11:00 am – Sunday 7:00 am-12:00.
Lunch: Monday-Sunday 12:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Dinner: Monday- Sunday 4:00 pm – 10 pm.
This Valentine’s day look no further then St Augustine to have an unforgettable day of romance.