St. Johns County has issued a mandatory evacuation for the barrier island for 6am on Saturday, September 9th.  Our offices will be closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  We will not be able to return to the island until we have been cleared by the county for re-entry.  We hope that will be on Tuesday, but at this point we will just have to wait and see.  This island will be without water and probably without power, so move inland and stay safe!

3 replies
  1. Martin Staub
    Martin Staub says:

    We stayed with you in January, and Rusty (our cavalier King Charles spaniel), my wife and I really enjoyed the lodge. In fact, we detoured to A1A on our way back north in February so we could stay with you another few days. That being said, we are thinking about you and praying for you during the hurricane. We hope and pray that everyone is OK.

    Best wishes,
    Marty and Joyce Staub

  2. Catherine C McCarty
    Catherine C McCarty says:

    We, too, are sorry for what’s happened to you. Thank-you for your phone call letting us know that you were evacuating and that our reservation had been cancelled. We wanted to come to the Beacher’s Lodge so much that we canceled our vacation plans entirely; we will try again to take our vacation once you are open and some semblance of order has been restored to the area. I hope your condos were not damaged too badly. I couldn’t find out anything about that, so please let us know when we can come down. A vacation to the beach anywhere except at the Beacher’s just wouldn’t be a vacation!

    Thanks again,
    Cathy McCarty and Vicki Stacy


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *