It’s that time of year once again in St. Augustine; it’s Easy Season! During the month of September, the oldest city in America enjoys and celebrates this time of year by making it easy for you to relax and enjoy all there is to offer. If you haven’t had the chance to experience this particular season, we invite you to come and enjoy all that there is to do!
Moreover, if you have been fortunate enough in the past to participate in Easy Season, we welcome you back, as each year there is something new and unique to experience. Whether you can only visit one day or you’re lucky enough to stay longer during this season, there is so much to appreciate that it is hard to take it all in with only one visit. The selections are just unbelievable!
Entertainment in St. Augustine
Easy Season is all about the music! There’s an unbelievable amount of amazing artists that turn St. Augustine into the new music city. Each venue that hosts these concerts has a charm that adds to the fun and creative atmosphere. The month of September is when the Sing Out Loud Festival happens and it features resident, regional, and national singers and songwriters. There will be over two hundred acts, with a wide variety of styles to choose from. All of these shows will be presented over the course of twenty-three days at seventeen different locations around the area. Best of all – all but one of the shows are completely free!
Performances and locations are as follows:
- St. Augustine Amphitheatre – Ten Performances over Four Days
- The only Performance that will have a charge is the September 22nd showcase, as there is a minimum donation that is required of $25.00 that benefits the Betty Griffin Center, whose mission it is to stop domestic violence and sexual abuse.
- The Front Porch at The St. Augustine Amphitheatre – Eight Performances over Two Days
- The Backyard at The St. Augustine Amphitheatre – Four Performances in One Day
- Colonial Oak – Forty-Seven Performances over Eight Days
- Sarbez – Forty-Eight Performances over Nine Days
- Limelight Theatre – Comedy and Poetry Performances over Two Days
- Dog Rose Brewing – Fifteen Performances over Eight Days
- Growers Alliance – Three Performances over Two Days
- Bokeh Bar – Twelve Performances over Six Days
- Nobby’s – Twenty-Seven Performances over Six Days
- Odd Birds – Four Performances over Four Days
- Meehan’s Irish Pub – Thirteen Performances over Ten Days
- Prohibition Kitchen – Nine Performances over Four Days
- Plum Gallery – Forty-Two Performances over Six Days
- Push Push Salon – Four Performances in One Day
- Community First Credit Union St. Johns Branch – One Performance
- Ocean Avenue Sports Bar – Six Performances over Four Days
- The Corazon – Sing Out Loud Panel Discussion in One Day
- Ponte Vedra Concert Hall – Three Performances in One Day
With over thirty-five headlining artists exhibiting, St. Augustine has posted a great YouTube web page where you can listen to many of these talented singers or groups ahead of time, which can be helpful if you want to familiarize yourself with the artists. If you are interested in this, click on the above St. Augustine link.
There are plenty of places that have live entertainment every day, so you don’t have to miss out on listening to some great music if your schedule is tight. Some of the larger venues, such as the St. Johns County Ocean Pier Park, hold a sequence of concerts on Wednesdays each week from May to September. St. Augustine’s Plaza de la Constitucion offers their shows every Thursday from May to August.
Along with all of the sites to see and actives to enjoy there are many eateries and restaurants to visit, and many of these places have live entertainment included for free for all to appreciate. In and around St. Augustine there are also two wineries and three breweries to help wet your whistle. Most of them provide daily entertainment as well.
There are many things to do around St. Augustine, so what are you waiting for? This event only comes around once a year, and the crowds are much lighter during the end of the summer, and it starts to be just a tad cooler so that you can enjoy the sunshine a bit longer into the year!
So isn’t it time you treat yourself to some much-needed downtime with us during Easy Season? Beacher’s Lodge is the perfect place to do just that: relax, unwind and enjoy all there is to do in and around St. Augustine!